Easy Low Carb Mini Fiesta Breakfast Frittas
Are you a busy mom looking for new quick and easy breakfast meals? Tired of boring eggs and toast breakfast? Or are you looking for new low carb/keto friendly meals that are packed with protein and light on carbs?
Well this has all of that in one simple, quick, delicious meal.
This meal is packed with flavor and super easy to make. As a mom, sometimes its hard to come up with new meal options that the family will love and won’t have me spending forever in the kitchen. That’s why it falls into my “30 minute meals” collection! With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a healthy and tasty meal that is perfect for breakfast or really anytime!
The ingredients in this recipe are simple but add a lot of flavor. And the best part? You can customize it to your liking. Swap out the sausage for bacon, or add extra veggies like mushrooms, zuchinni, or squash. The possibilities are endless!
It’s keto friendly too!
This recipe (as it is below) has only 5 net carbs per serving! So it’s perfect for those of you who are following a keto or low carb diet. And the eggs cooked in this way come out fluffy and thick. So you don’t even miss the toast!
I hope you all find this recipe as delicious as it is simple! Please share if you love it! Let me know in the comments if you put your own special twist on it and what great additions you added! Enjoy!
Easy Mini Fiesta Frittas
- cupcake tin
- 3 eggs beaten
- 3 tbsp salsa mild or hot, your preference
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese you can use any cheese you want
- 3 links breakfast sausage cooked, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 3 tbsp onion chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Spray a cupcake tin with nonstick cooking spray (this recipe makes 6 frittas)
- In a small bowl, beat eggs. Add salt and pepper.
- Cook sausage in microwave. Cut into small slices. Place a few slices in the bottom of each cupcake cup.
- Gently pour eggs into each cup. Do not fill more than 3/4 high.
- Add a small spoonful of salsa and a small amount of onions to each cup. Using a fork, carefully mix into eggs.
- Add parmesan cheese on top of each egg cup.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Eggs are done when they are firm in center. Remove from oven and let cool.
- While cooling, mix sour cream and hot sauce in small bowl. Serve on the side and enjoy!