Incredibly Easy Pizza Chicken
Tastes like pepperoni pizza but is really grilled chicken! Get your kids to eat more chicken by disguising it under delicious pizza toppings! With different toppings, the possibilities are endless! And the best part? It’s ready in just 30 minutes!
Have you ever struggled to get your child to eat more protein? My son has had a love-hate relationship with chicken since he was younger. These days, the only way he will eat chicken is if it’s battered, deep fried, in nugget form. But those chicken options are far from healthy.
But there’s a healthier way to get them to eat chicken!
Enter pizza chicken! This delicious, incredibly easy recipe gets kids excited about eating chicken because it tastes like…PIZZA! With a ton of yummy topping options, the possibilities are endless. My son loves the pepperoni and mushroom pizza chicken!
And it’s a super quick and easy dinner option that the whole family will love!
This recipe takes three chicken breasts….cuts them in half, and then pounds them thin. So cooking time is minimal. And with the side of spaghetti, it’s a meal even your hubby will love! A homerun with busy moms! From start to finish, this entire meal takes only about 30 minutes! Which lands it in my popular “30 minute meal collection.” You can find more of my delicious 30 minute meals here! Replace the spaghetti noodles for zucchini noodles and you have a great low carb option!
I hope you and your family love this meal as much as mine does! Please Share or Pin if you love it! Let me know in the comments if you put your own special twist on it and what great toppings you added! Enjoy!
Incredibly Easy Pizza Chicken
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in half lengthwise (thickness)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 18 slices pepperoni for a healthier option use Turkey pepperoni
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°. Spray nonstick cooking spray in a large glass baking dish.
- Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise. So they are half thickness. Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound thin.
- Place chicken in single layer in baking dish. Top chicken with salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Add a thin layer of marinara sauce on top of each chicken breast.
- Top with sliced mushrooms, parmesan cheese, and pepperoni slices. (or any toppings of your choice)
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. (chicken will cook quickly due to the thickness)
- While chicken is in oven. Boil water in a large pot on stove.
- Cook spaghetti until desired doneness.
- In a medium pan, heat marinara sauce on medium heat. Add desired seasonings to taste. (I use garlic powder, onion powder, basil, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper in mine)
- Once chicken is done, remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with a side of spaghetti.