Stuck on another dinner idea for the family? Exhausted from a long day of working and running errands? Do you just want to feed the family and put your feet up?
I’ve got you covered!
Another addition to my popular 30 Minute Meal collection, this time is a delicious spin on an Asian favorite!
My Sweet Chili Pork and Peppers over Rice is a sweet and savory meal that your whole family will love. Packed with lots of flavor but not a lot of work!
Super simple to make and coming in at just around 30 minutes to make, it has earned it’s spot in my popular “30 minute meals” collection. And quickly became one of my favorite meals to make after a LONG, exhausting day!
So if you can’t seem to come up with new dinner ideas, I’ve got you covered. Let me know what you think in the comments! And if you love it, please pin and share! Happy eating!
Quick and Easy Sweet Chili Pork and Peppers Over Rice
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow onions
- 1 ½ cups white rice
- 1 lime
- 4 tbsp Sweet chili sauce
- 8 tbsp Sweet soy glaze not regular soy sauce, glaze is thicker
- 20 oz ground pork
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper
- In a small pot, combine 2 ½c of water, rice, and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and simmer until rice is tender approx. 15 minutes. Remove from heat and keep covered.
- While rice is cooking, wash and dry pepper and cut into slices. Peel and slice onion. Chop cilantro and zest lime.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in large pan. Add peppers and onions, salt and pepper. Cook until tender approx. 8 minutes. Once cooked remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in same pan. Add ground pork and cook over medium-high heat. Add salt and pepper. Cook until browned and cooked through, breaking meat up as it cooks.
- While meat is cooking, combine sweet soy glaze, 1 tbsp butter, and chili sauce.
- Once meat is cooked, add veggies back to pan and chili sauce mixture. Stir over medium heat until meat and veggies are coated and sauce is heated. **Do not have heat up too high or you will cook away the sauce.
- Add remaining butter and lime zest. Mix with fork and add salt and pepper.
- Serve pork and veggies over the rice.