Are you tired of that over made holiday side dish, Green Bean Casserole? Do you want something different on this year’s holiday menu?
Then ditch those fried onions, and try this delicious recipe! My mom has made this side dish for Thanksgiving and Christmas for the last several years. And my family raves about it each time!
We lost her this past year, and if you checked out my post on her mouth watering Sage and Onion Stuffing, I mentioned how she loved sharing her recipes with anyone who asked. So I found it fitting this holiday season to share some of them with my readers!
This simple to make side dish will have your family raving and fighting over who gets the leftovers! So if you want to try this yummy dish, read on for the recipe!
Let’s get cooking!
Broccoli Puff Casserole
- 2 10.6 oz packages of frozen broccoli
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 2 cups ritz cracker crumbs
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook frozen broccoli according to package. Place in 2.5 qt baking dish once cooked.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, mushroom soup, cheese, and mayo. Combine well.
- Beat egg in small bowl, then add to milk mixture.
- Pour mixture over broccoli making sure to cover all of the broccoli.
- Melt butter in small bowl, then combine with Ritz crumbs. Sprinkle over top of broccoli. Make sure to spread out evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Topping should be browned and hot throughout.
If you love this recipe, I would love for you to share it or Pin it so others can enjoy it too! And if you want more delicious recipes, fun DIYs, and tips and tricks to make mom life easier, then I would love for you to subscribe to my blog! Enjoy!